Reginald Johnson Designed
Designed by the esteemed architect Reginald Johnson, this 1917 Italian Revival estate is one of the earlier homes built in San Marino after its incorporation. Known as “The Coffin House” after its original owners, this grand home was featured in several architectural periodicals, including The Architect and Engineer (1918) and The Architectural Record (1920). The assessor’s records reflect the home measures approximately 5974 square feet.
The home, sited on an approximately 35,720 foot lot, has generously sized rooms with an abundance of French doors and windows. The elegant public rooms are grand in scale and retain many original details. The sun room, adjacent to the living room, has wonderful oversized French doors leading to the rear patio and pool area.
The master suite complete with fireplace, includes a separate office, bath with dressing area, and balcony. There are four additional bedrooms and three baths on the second level. Two bedrooms and a bath are located at the rear of the first floor. There is a powder room located off the foyer, as well. see more at www.1505circledrive.com
- Listing Status: Sold
- Year Built: 1917
- Garage: 2.0
- San Marino Schools
- French Doors
- Hardwood Floors
- Abundance of Oversided Windows
- Master Suite with Private Terrace